People Magazine (it’ll always be a magazine to me) celebrated Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary by talking to Annie Potts, who for ghostheads is well known for playing our then receptionist, today Senior Administrator Janine Melnitz.
Here are some things from the conversation:
- Finds Ghostbusters fans who suit up in flight suits and wear prop replicas “interesting.”
- She had “the best time” working with Harold Ramis.
- Bill Murray “would win the prize” for being the funniest guy in any room.
- Her children don’t care she played a very important person to this day in one of the highest grossing comedies based on real life events.
That’s how I read that last one anyway.
- Favorite personal character Ghostbusters quote comes from her frustration with Dr. Venkman not hiring more help which means Janine can’t take a day off.
For the short chat/interview, click here.
Photo Source: People (Magazine)