Movie and TV website Beyond The Marquee interviewed Stephen Dane. Mr. Dane created the movie versions of ECTO-1 and the prop equipment. Although they did look amazingly similar to the real ones! Topics Include:
- Stephen Dane’s start in Hollywood.
- How Stephen Dane came to work on Ghostbusters.
- Designing a movie version of ECTO-1 and prop equipment.
- Working with Ivan Reitman.
- Proton Pack inspiration.
- Physically building prop Proton Packs and Ghost Traps.
- Paper To Props.
- ECTO-1 build process.
- Designing “Ghostbusters II” prop equipment.
- Ghostbusters memories.
- Ghostbusters impact on Stephen Dane’s career.
If they asked me to work on a new Ghostbusters film, I’d do it in a flash. It sure ought to be interesting …
Beyond The Marquee’s interview with Stephen Dane.
We’re sure speaking to Mr. Stephen Dane would have been more then enough. Because of the unprecedented access that was granted Jon Donahue and Mr. Stephen Dane checked out the screen used ECTO-1 once again.
Photo Sources: Beyond The Marquee